We are a Mining Capital Equipment Supplier that requires a Mechanical Engineer for Hydraulic and Drive system product design & development, with an aspiration of growing within the organization - An innovative, lateral thinker that can get the job done!
Company and Opportunity:
This position offers an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer with an aspiration for hydraulics to work in a highly technical and fast paced environment.
- Good communication skill
- Good understanding of MS Office products
- Proficient with Mechanical and fluid power integration.
- Pro-active and creative approach with strong problem-solving skills.
- Must have a good grasp of engineering and design principles
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and good team working skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Own transport
- 3-4 Years’ experience within a hydraulic engineering design environment
- Project management abilities
- Component and system functioning design
- Producing detailed schematic drawings to assembly line.
- Providing manufacturing with technical support
- Able to walk Hydraulic design from concept to assembly
- Quality assurance consideration
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide calculated hydraulic engineering design solutions and advice
- Research and partial Product development.
- Vehicle Design calculations from first principals.
- Present Hydraulic schematics as complete designs and ensure that designs are within budget constraints
- Project documentation e.g. Engineering Change Procedures, Engineering Drawings, etc.
- Follow through with projects from concept phase through to production and implementation.
- Constant interaction with other departments.
- Ensure deadlines are met timeously.