Brief Job Description
This Specialist position is designed to enhance the competencies of individual employees and clients by designing and conducting training programs that will boost employee’s workplace performance in alliance with company’s core values and ensure clients equipment knowledge. The core responsibilities are to enhance employee’s skills, performance, productivity, quality of work, training needs assessments, designing and delivering curriculum and learning materials and for managing all phases of training interventions within the company.
Duties or Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Engineering manager
- Conduct orientation session and arrange on job training for new employees in designated fields concerning New Business and Aftermarket.
- Evaluate instructor performance and the effectiveness of training programs, providing recommendations of training programs.
- Develop Testing and evaluation procedures.
- Conduct or arrange for ongoing technical training and personnel development classes for Employees.
- Confer with management and conduct surveys to identify training needs based on projected production units, engineering changes and other factors.
- Develop and organize training manuals, multimedia visual aids or other material relevant to training.
- Plan, develop training material and staff development programs using methods of Classroom training, practical demonstrations, on-job-training, meetings or workshops.
- Analyze training needs of employees or clients and develop new training programs or constant updating of existing programs.
- Training and Teaching of staff and clients
- Guiding, directing and motivating employees
- Coaching and Development of staff
- Organizing, Planning and Prioritizing of training programs
- Communicating with relevant employees and persons outside the organization.
- Thinking creatively
- Getting information
- Updating and using relevant information
- Evaluating information to determine compliance with standards.
- Documenting or Recording of activities
- Performing Administrative activities.
Skills or Requirements
- Proven working experience as a training manager
- Track record in designing and executing successful training programs
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations etc.)
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
- Strong report writing and record keeping ability
- Good management of financial resources
- Good computer and data basing skills
- BEng Mechanical Engineering/BTech Mechanical Engineering a requirement