- Create clear and concise documentation to bridge the gap between experts and novices.
- Responsible for learning the complexities of a design or concept and conveying this information to consumers and product teams.
- Creation of product catalogs, user manuals, parts manuals (IPC) and other documents as required from time to time.
- Work with engineers and scientists to compile instructions for assembly, use, installation,maintenance or repair of a piece of equipment.
- Utilize illustrations, diagrams and photographs.
- Responsible for the design and layout of documentation in accordance with company standards.
- Senior Certificate (NSC) with matric exemption (minimum)
- Minimum English language educational requirement is a score of at least level 4 (50 to 59%) at National Senior Certificate (NCS) level
- Able to read and communicate in English, with exceptional writing skills in English
- Must be able to demonstrate effective presentation skills, report-writing skills, the ability to draft complex documents, and the ability to converse with a diverse range of people at all levels.
- Have a good mechanical background with the ability to read drawings and electrical and hydraulic schematics
- Demonstrable excellent or advanced word processing skills using MS Office Suite
- Sound analytical skills, ability to investigate and understand how technical processes work
- Strong ability to translate complex, technical information into clear and simple language
- Above average attention to detail and ability to work in a structured method
- Sound administrative, planning and organizational skills
- Very good numerical skills essential
- Previous technical writing experience will be an advantage
- Technical background, experience in a technical environment will be an advantage
- Knowledge /experience in an ISO environment will be an advantage
- Good attendance record
- Ability to work as part of a team and without supervision
- Ability to take clear instruction
- Must be highly quality conscious